Click below to view details on our applications
The application is the result of more than three years of detailed public consultation led by The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment and involving a wide range of local authorities, organisations and community groups.
"We want Sherford to become a town where people live, work, shop, go to school and make friends - a place which embodies the qualities of the best towns in the region that will be seen as an enhancement to the dramatic and enduring South Hams landscape."
Hank Dittmar, CEO, The Prince's Foundation
The application is in two parts as follows
- 5,500 new dwellings
- up to 67,000 square metres of business and commercial space
- up to 16,740 square metres of mixed retail accommodation
- community, sports and open space facilities, including a Community Park
- three primary schools and one secondary school
- one health centre
- two community wind turbines
- a Park and Ride interchange at Deep Lane junction
- the Main Street link between Deep Lane junction and Stanborough Cross.